Jodie Lynch – Assistant Head Teacher KS5, Sherbourne Fields School
SLE - SEN, Maths
Jodie is an experienced and passionate maths teacher with an extensive knowledge of teaching maths to pupils with a broad range of special educational needs. She has taught maths at Sherbourne Fields School since September 2009 as well as coordinating whole school maths since September 2010, which has allowed her to develop exciting strategies and techniques to ensure each child reaches their fullest potential. She favours using a variety of practical approaches to maths, regardless of the level of the pupils. She promote and encourage pupils to be resilient and independent thinkers in order to boost their self-confidence and self-esteem in maths as well as other areas of their curriculum. Jodie’s expertise includes supporting Maths teachers and curriculum leaders to drive change, motivate colleagues and set high standards.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Assistant Head
- Masters in S.E.N.D
- Curriculum Leader S.E.N.D Maths
- Whole School Moderation Lead; supporting several other primary and secondary schools with this.
- Outstanding Practitioner
- Chairing Coventry Special School Maths Network Meetings
- Delivering CPD at school
- Developing students Financial Education
- Fostering students’ enjoyment in maths while seizing every opportunity to develop students’ skills for life, through real life, hands-on practical approaches.
- Implementing interventions
- Developing innovative resource materials for lower PMLD students
- The use of data to inform departments and teachers
- How to share best practice within a department
- Best practice for trainee teachers
- Planning outstanding lessons
- Supporting non-specialist mathematics teachers